Monday

Copic Coloring with Mindy - Coloring a Cake

Hello there my Power Poppy Peeps! It's Mindy from My Creative Scoop and I have a new tutorial to share with you on this Inspire Me Monday!

I'm using this adorable Layered Cake Digi from Power Poppy I had so much my fun coloring this image and I absolutely love the way that it came out! Coloring this cake is all about the texture and shading. I literally dotted the entire time I was coloring so I could get the cake texture right. I know so many people have trouble with shading and shadowing but coloring any Power Poppy Image is already helping with where to add those shadows.

If you look closely on the photo below there are tiny lines and dots to show you were to add all those shadows. 

Ok, let's get on with the tutorial you can use any Copic Colors you'd like but here's the colors I'm using.

E43, E42, E41, E25, R85, R81, V12, V15, V0000, B00, B93, B95, BG11, BG13, BG18 Y21, Y26, G20, G24.










You will repeat the next couple steps for each different color and layer of the cake, unless you choose to keep the layers all the same.







I hope you enjoyed this month's coloring with me! I also wanted to share with you that my Mother's Day Coloring Class featuring Power Poppy's Hellebore's Digi Stamp is now available for a limited time. You can sign up today for lifetime access to the course!






Have a wonderful day!

♥ Mindy



4 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Wow! Your coloring id do pretty!! Love the colors you have chosen.

Tracey Magner said...

Hi Mindy, I am so HAPPY you picked this digi to color as I have had this one for a long time and have not attempted it yet, don't know why, just haven't. Your card is super AWESOME!! I always appreciate that you list all the copics #'s that you use, those are my coloring choice. I really love how you did each layer a different color, so cool. Thanks for a amazing post.

CherylQuilts said...

What a yummy looking cake, Mindy, and gorgeous coloring! Thanks for the tips about coloring the icing and especially the cake inside. It's beautiful! Hugs!

Wendy said...

I just love it ~ your coloring is so ... inviting! The fresh and "realistic" look make me enjoy just staring for a while, it's bliss!!! I long for copics ~ a girlfriend told me it's a little harder than it looks, you make it look easy. Thanks for sharing!!