Monday

Inspire Me Monday: You Spin Me Around!

Howdy Power Poppy Peeps!  It’s time another Inspire Me Monday! I’m your hostess Allison Cope and today we’re going to talk about creating a fun spinner card using digital stamps.

As most of you know, there is nothing I like better than to create cards that have interactive elements to them. So today, I’m going to share with you all how to create a card using a digital image as your focal interactive element.

Grab a cup of something icy and join me in my craft room…


Thanks for joining me at my crafty desk.  Here’s a little replay of all three of our spinner cards featured today…

First off, the card we created together, it features the digital stamp “Sunflower Power”.

Here’s a close up of our sunflower.
Copics: Flower: Y32, YR21, YR12, YR15, Y08, E70, E71, E74, E77  Leaves: YG93, YG95, YG97

Here’s our Santa Snowglobe featuring the digital image “Snowglobe Greetings” and some fun clear stamps too; holly from Heaven & Nature Sing.


Here’s a gander at all that sparkle…

And finally, our extremely simple spinner card featuring the clear stamp set, Pure Prairie Spirit.

And here’s a quick glance showcasing those iridescent Fine Tech Metallic paints…

Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  I’d love to know if you’d give making a spinner card a go in the comments!  Have a week everyone!

~ Allison Cope ~


Plaid Sunfflower
Stamps: Power Poppy (Sunflower Power)
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It, Strathmore (Bristol Smooth Watercolor), Recollections (110# White)
Dies:  My Favorite Things (Stitched Circles), Lawn Fawn (Stitched Rectangles)
Ink: Copic Markers, Ranger Distress (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Black Soot)
Patterned Paper:  My Favorite Things (Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6)
Ribbon: Basic Narrows (White)
Twine: Darice (Hemp)
Thread:  Other.

Metallic Pool Bouquet
Stamps: Power Poppy (Pure Prairie Spirit)
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It, Stampin’ Up! (Pool Party)
Dies:  Catherine Pooler Designs (Circles
Ink: Catherine Pooler Designs (Mint to Be), Fine Tec Metallic Watercolors (Blue-Green, Silver Pearl, Fine Gold, Shining Pink, Green Pearl)
Embossing Powder:  Zing (Powder), Stampendous! (Detail White)
Thread:  Gutermann.
 
Santa Snow Globe
Stamps: Power Poppy (Snowglobe Greetings, Heaven & Nature Sing)
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It, Stampin’ Up! (Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler)
Dies:  My Favorite Things (Stitched Mini Scalloped Oval Stax
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Copic Markers, Primsacolor Premier Colored Pencils (White), Zig (Wink of Stella – Clear
Misc.:  Silver Thread.

8 comments:

Linda Pekrul said...

These cards are so beautiful and fun Ally! I'm getting my dies out!!!

Berina RGA said...

These are lovely Ally!! I think I'm going to make a few Christmas cards!

Katie Sims said...

Love these Ally! :)

Marcella Hawley said...

HOW DO YOU DO IT? Over and over again, you amaze us with ideas that are seriously next level. THANK YOU, Ally, for sharing such fun and fascinating projects. I don't know which one is my favorite - they are each so special, unique, and well-done. Anyone who received a card like this would surely think they had just won the friend lottery.

Tinstar said...

Wow Ally these cards are stunning and I simply adore that spinning Santa globe.

Joy, USA said...

Thanks for showing how to make the spinner cards with just a phrase on it!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

All these cards are great !!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wow! Ally, I saw the video and love it...but somehow I guess I never left a comment! YOU ROCK! Marcy is right...how do you do it! You are so creative, and I love it...and you!! Just love each of these cards and the great videos you always do. Love that you are so real in them too. Hugs, precious friend! xoxo