Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Stamping with Water

Welcome to the Power Poppy blog! It’s Allison Cope here with another fun Inspire Me Monday!

Today we’re all about experimenting!  Yes… when you have all these fun stamps and products, sometimes you just have to experiment with them.  You know, not having a goal of an end product makes playing around with your supplies fun.

For today, I’m sharing a fun stamping with water technique.  I’m going to use a few different kinds of ink and some watercolor paper.

So grab a cuppa something fun and join me at my desk…

For today’s experiments, here are a few close ups…

For our video panel, we used the delicate “Sweet Memories” stamp set and some cool Distress Inks…
For the above panel, I think I would have got a better image if I had allowed the water just to sit and sink into the watercolor paper.  I think the image would have been much more clear!  Live and learn I say!!!

For our cool green & blue panel, we used the fun “Succulent Singles” stamp set…

For the earthy panel, we used the whimsical “Artful Display” stamp set…

For our bright and springy panel, we used the “Burst of Kindness” stamp set…

And for our final panel, we used the amazing “Loving Tulips” stamp set.  I think this panel came out the best of the five…

Don't forget to check out the blog hop that Power Poppy has collaborated with My Sweet Petunia (maker of the MISTI tool).  Click the image below to check out the start of our fun hop... there's even a PRIZE for leaving comments for each of the designers...

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.ca/2017/04/hoppin-with-misti.html

Plus, don't forget to play along with the latest Power & Spark Challenge this month! It's a super fun one... three amazing sketches by the amazing talented Julie Koerber!  Click here for more details!


 Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you too get to experiment with your inks and stamping with water!  Have a great week everyone!

~ Allison Cope ~


supplies:
Paper:  Strathmore (Bristol Smooth)
Inks:  Catherine Pooler Designs (Party Dress, Flirty Fushia, Something Blue, Aquatini, Lime Rickey, Fiesta Blue), Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord), Distress Oxides (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet
Tools:  MISTI, Mini MISTI

6 comments:

Marcella Hawley said...

I love learning and experimenting along with you, Ally!! What a wonderful idea to share the process. Exploring and experiencing... YES!! Bravo, my dear.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful technique Allison. Such lovely cards.

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE, THANKS.XXX

Sharon Jones said...

So cool, Ally! I especially love that last one, too! So much fun!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally, one of THE most fabulous things about you is your creativity and ability to think outside the box! Wow, did I enjoy the video and "be there" live with you as you played and encouraged us to play with our inks. I loved seeing you try the three different inks and see the results. Amazing how beautiful the backgrounds can be. Thanks for going "live" with us as you play. Just wish I could play along side you! Thanks for another great Inspire Me Monday! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Deb Kerns said...

I love a simple stamping technique like this one that packs a whallop!